Dubstep

Step away from Rap & find something new.
Desperado
Screw Head

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:38 am

40OzFox wrote: how do y'all feel about grime?

all i listen to is grime. Most of the new shit is hit or miss though.

early sidewinder sets, early rinseFM. Radar Radio.

my favorites are Ghetts, The Square, Newham Generals, Mez, J.Dot, BBK (of course), early Roll Deep sidewinder sets, etc. (In no order).

I gotta say D Double E is the best in Grime though next to Wiley the Godfather. D double was even deep in it with Jungle music back in the day.
40OzFox

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:56 am

Desperado wrote:

my favorites are Ghetts, The Square, Newham Generals, Mez, J.Dot, BBK (of course), early Roll Deep sidewinder sets, etc. (In no order).

I gotta say D Double E is the best in Grime though next to Wiley the Godfather. D double was even deep in it with Jungle music back in the day.
right on. have you listened to the new skepta album? looks dope.

that early roll deep stuff is cool too. there were a number of uk heads on teh philaflava forums and they'd always lace threads with hella rinseFM sets, various pirate radio rips from the early 00's, whatever. that's how i learned about a lot of this stuff in the first place.
Desperado
Screw Head

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:59 am

40OzFox wrote:
Desperado wrote:

that early roll deep stuff is cool too. there were a number of uk heads on teh philaflava forums and they'd always lace threads with hella rinseFM sets, various pirate radio rips from the early 00's, whatever. that's how i learned about a lot of this stuff in the first place.
Yeah Konnichiwa is good. I expected more but it was dope for what it was. Lots of hypebeast hopped on the Grime wave after it dropped...
40OzFox

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:59 am

also: hardest fall-off of any grime artist ever?

40OzFox

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:01 am

Desperado wrote:
40OzFox wrote:
Desperado wrote:

Yeah Konnichiwa is good. I expected more but it was dope for what it was. Lots of hypebeast hopped on the Grime wave after it dropped...
i'd expect the hypebeast effect to be directly related to the a$ap mobb features...arguably the least interesting aspect of a skepta album in 2016, imho
40OzFox

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:50 am

some dope future bass/tribal/mellow dubstep from a few moons past...